“Everything in life is most fundamentally a gift. And you receive it best and you live it best by holding it with very open hands.” – Leo O’ Donovan
We are each a gift. Our presence in this lifetime is a gift to those around us. When we stand in that knowingness, in our power, see it, feel it, smell it, taste it and embody it wholeheartedly, we are in alignment with our essential being. We are better able to honor our role in this cosmic carnival of life. We are better able to embrace our life, take juicy bites out of it, celebrate it and be more conscious of the love, affection and attention we first give ourselves. Showering ourselves with conscious self-love is an intentional act!
So, as we continue moving through this love-filled month, a month that I hope is filled with radical self-love for all of us, I will continue sharing with you Ten Thoughts on Whole Living. If you missed my previous blog, Radical Self Love, I encourage you to check it out before going any further so that you will know the focus of my writings throughout this month.
- Forgiveness is more that a one-time choice; it’s a whole approach to living.
- Develop a consciousness of your body. You’ll more effectively maintain balance.
- Make your workout anything but routine.
- Embrace the full spectrum of energy, from charged-up thrills to moments of calm.
- Family traditions are a screed practice- they affirm our deepest values.
- The best gifts are infused with intention.
- Sometimes the situations that make you most vulnerable offer the greatest rewards.
- True beauty can’t be applied from the outside; it must emerge from within.
- Think simpler. Less fuss equals less waste.
- Living well requires a focus on the present, not just a promise for tomorrow.
As we read these thoughts on whole living, we can examine how they each play out in our lives. We can think of ways we embody these practices. Some may stand out more than others. Perhaps some strike a chord. We can look at the feelings that arise as we read them, and take some time to sit with these feelings, name them, and describe them.
The more we honor the gift of our life, and everything else that shows up in our life as the divine gift that it is, the more we will be able to fully embrace our greatness and be more conscious of the love, affection and attention we first give ourselves. It’s never to late to start….the point is to start wherever we are.
Approach the act of conscious self-love as the most intimate relationship you will ever have….Enjoy and savor every moment!
Inhale love & light…Exhale grace & gratitude, JTC