“The mind and body are not separate. What affects one, affects the other.”
The beginning of a new year is when most gyms are packed, everyone is purchasing new memberships to health and fitness clubs, attendance in yoga classes is on the rise, resolutions of all kinds are made, and new sorts of diets seem to be the “trend du jour.” However, studies show that within the first couple of months everything falls by the wayside. Why? Well, in my humble opinion, it is because it’s just that – a trend – as opposed to being a “lifestyle.”
Routine, practice, patience, wisdom and consistency, as well as willing to do the work of inner reflection, are the keys to living a healthy life of balance and well-being. It’s really a lifestyle. If we don’t deal with the gunk that is clogging our energy channels, and deal with the emotions that are the “root cause” of the unhealthy life style, all the resolutions and hours at the gym will not do a thing. Yes, we may see the scale drop a bit; however, before long, it will climb right on up there and may even surpass where we started. We may even burn out along the way. If you aren’t sure where or how to start the inner work and self-observation, I invite you to check out my previous blog, End of Year Review & Rituals. It contains some good questions for reflecting and writing.
True transformation begins from the inside out. And while a new year is the perfect time to start a transformation process, just remember that transformation does NOT occur overnight. It is a journey of sorts. There will be the highs and the lows, the twists and the turns, the pretty and the ugly, and the comfortable and uncomfortable feelings that are sure to arise. Stick with your commitment to your Self, and please don’t short change your Self! Remember, we are all here to learn the necessary lessons that will help us to transform into the highest and best expression of our true Self. These lessons will be physical, mental, emotional and spiritual ones, so addressing one with out the other is fruitless. That is why so many people give up those first few months of the new year. They approach the physical aspect of the journey and ignore the other important components of their being.
It is my belief that, in addition to becoming the best version of ourselves, we are here to also help others do the same. When I look back at some of my journals from years ago, one of the things I would sometimes end my writing with would be “Inspire Love Serve.” Is it a coincidence that I chose that as the name of my blog? I think not! It was part of my approach and purpose in my quest for being of service to myself and to others.
If you’ve been following my blog, you can see I have been trying to do just that – Inspire. Love. Serve. If you are new to my blog, Welcome! Since I started blogging in September 2017, I believe I’ve written over 40 pieces. It really brings me joy to know that in some way, shape or form, someone reading the blog may be touched, inspired or impacted by something I wrote or shared. I write from a personal perspective and also include lots of “tools” and resources available for us to use in our quest to truly transform from the inside out.
Mantras and affirmations are powerful tools when stated and released with purpose and intention. They key word here is “intention.” Resolutions are typically punitive and restrictive, whereas intentions are pleasurable for our mind, body, soul and our senses. By shifting our perspective and operating from a place of intention, we have a better chance of adhering to our desires.
As I was looking through some of my notebooks, I came across mantras for perfect health from a meditation series I did a while back. I believe it may have been from one of the early Oprah and Deepak Chopra 21 Day Meditation Experiences. Below, I will list for you the different aspects of perfect health that were featured and a Mantra / Affirmation / Intention to go with each one.
- The Journey to Perfect Health: “I commit to living perfect health.”
- The Nature of Perfect Health: “Balance is my true nature.”
- The Intuition of Your Body: “My Mind and body are in perfect health.”
- The Wisdom of Your Body: “I trust the wisdom of my body.”
- The Rhythm of Your Mind & Body: “My actions are blissfully free from attachment to outcome.”
- The Perfection of Your Body: “I am perfection. I am healthy. I am strong.”
- Honoring Your Body: “My body is a magnificent vehicle that connects me to spirit.”
- Restoring Balance: “With awareness, I create healthy habits.”
- Creating Balance: “My outer world reflects my inner world. Existence, Consciousness and Bliss.”
- Breathing for Balance: “I am one with the breath of life.”
- Eating for Balance: “I choose foods that help me thrive.”
- Connecting for Balance: “I cherish my every connection. I am the other in myself and myself in others.”
- Moving for Balance: “I am flexible, powerful and balanced. My life is in balance with cosmic law.”
- The Balance in Silence: “I intent to take steps each day toward perfect health.”
- Living well: “My little changes amount to big benefits. Everything I desire is within me.”
- Living Nature: “I am an exquisite expression of nature. I am absolute existence. I am a filed of all possibilities.”
- Living Creatively: “Through rest and play, I open my creative channels.”
- Living Passion: “I live my life with passion and enthusiasm….How can I help? How can I serve?”
- Living Optimism: “My life unfolds in Divine order. My actions achieve maximal benefit with minimum effort.”
- Living Agelessly: “I am ageless and timeless.”
- Living Perfect Health: “I create my perfect health.”
I hope these are helpful to you in some way. May you find comfort and ease, and may these mantras / affirmations help guide you through your own transformation throughout 2018.
Here’s to a New Year and a New You…Now let’s go out and live with intention!
Inhale love & light…Exhale grace & gratitude, JTC