“Wherever you go, go with all your heart” – Confucius
Hello Loves! Over the past few weeks, I have been sharing Ten Thoughts on Whole Living with you. I believe that each one of those thoughts / affirmations / power statements are ways we can treat ourselves with a little more tender loving care. They are ways for us to open the door and say, “Hello Love” in ways that no one else can do for us. Why? Because we are the ones holding ourselves accountable.
When we become accountable to ourselves and for the love we give ourselves, a major shift occurs in our psyches, body language, actions and outlook on life. We become more grounded, confident, skillful, vibrant, jovial, aware, alive and have a zest for life….joie de vivre! No one, or nothing, can disturb our peace regardless of whatever madness is hovering above and waiting to make landfall. There is a sense of steadfastness and undisturbed equanimity that come with loving ourselves and owning it. At least that’s how I can personally best describe it.
We’ve all looked for love in the wrong places. Why? Because society and consumerism have brainwashed us into thinking that love is something we can only find outside ourselves…like lasting happiness and peace. We now know better. We have the tools, practices, resources and life experiences to show us the way back to our true Self. THIS is where love resides…..Hello Love!
We are now better equipped and more knowledgable than our parents, grand-parents and past generations. We’ve learned to fall, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and forge ahead. And no one better stand in our way! Like the saying goes, “Everything you need to know is already inside of you.” Now THAT is something I wish I would have told my younger self!
Here are some more Ten Thoughts on Whole Living that you can explore, work with, act on, and use along your journey. As Maya Angelou said, “When we know better, we do better.” Can I get an Amen?
- When you commit your dreams to paper, you give them a place to take root.
- Be mindful of where you put your attention. The shape of your life will follow.
- When you view your health as a non-negotiable, your priorities naturally shift.
- Positive change starts with truth, and no one knows it better than you.
- You’re more than just what you do for others.
- Before you react to an emotion, first consider the source.
- Learning to let go begins with understanding why you’ve been hanging on.
- Do more than understand stress reduction; put it into practice.
- There’s no way to grow without taking a few risks.
- Setting boundaries doesn’t keep others out. It defines where your life begins.
Carry on darlings!
Inhale love & light…Exhale grace & gratitude, JTC