“It’s amazing how the little things – like your smile – can lift my spirits and remind me I am loved.”
Just in case no one has told you today that they love you, I will…..I LOVE YOU! Now, tell me THAT didn’t bring a smile to your face!?!?!?! You see, it’s those little things, those subtle nuances we sometimes overlook, the smallest gesture of love and affection shown to us, the wisdom shared that brightens our day, a chance encounter with someone who left us feeling high on life….the little things that lift our spirits!
It’s good to just hit “Pause” at times and take stock. Examine the little things that show up in our lives that we sometimes tend to overlook or give a second thought. There is so much love, joy, grace, humility and gratitude to be found in those moments! We can take it a step further and examine the ways our presence leaves other people feeling as well. The smallest of gestures, like a smile, can literally save a person’s life! We’ve all seen and heard examples of that over the years. Sometimes, just looking into a stranger’s eyes, or having someone look into our eyes, affirms that we have been seen. That is a powerful act in itself!
I’ve been hitting the pause button a lot these days and taking the time to love the little things. I’m taking the time to savor the beauty around me, the acts of kindness shown to me, even the unwelcome inconveniences that show up. There’s beauty in each moment should we choose to subscribe to that mindset. Despite the crisis and calamities around us, we can choose how to respond to them…..we can find little things to love even in times of crisis, death, and other tragic life circumstances. It’s all in the perception, and our perception is mighty powerful!
In keeping with the Love theme this month, I will continue to share Ten Thoughts of Whole Living with you. These power statements / affirmations allow us to shift our perspective and put us in a different head space. Ten Thoughts present us with opportunities to not only love the little things, but it’s sends our brain the subtle message that says, “I am taking the time to love my Self.”
- You already possess all you need to stay calm. It’s just a matter of practice.
- Food isn’t just fuel; It has the power to heal.
- You can’t slow the aging process by getting tough on your body. Be gentle instead.
- Breathe deeply. Healthy, strong lungs fan the flames of well-being.
- Pay close attention to the patterns in your life. They’re the keys to doors only you can open.
- No one likes a lecture. Inspire by example.
- You don’t need a lot of time to get fit; you just need consistency.
- Real authentic change emerges only from a place of deep focus and intention.
- When you really listen, without reacting or judging, things become a lot more clear.
- Bad news gives us the rare chance to pause and reflect on what matters most.
Love thyself darlings, and all the little things that come with it….oh, and remember to keep smiling!
Inhale love & light…Exhale grace & gratitude, JTC